The Specifier 1 course is an intermediate level course that will take the individual beyond the concepts previously introduced in the PCD Course. Although some of the same topics are included in this course, the depth of comprehension and explanation exceed that of the PCD course. The Specifier 1 course is a prerequisite for the Certified Specification Practitioner (CSP) designation from CSC. Successful completion of the course may be credited toward the experience component requirements for the Registered Specification Writer (RSW) designation.
The course is designed for the individual involved with the preparation of the project manual /specification.
- Industry Participants and Documents – Review
- The Specifier and Contract Administration
- Regulatory Requirements and Master Specifications
- Specification Production
- Specifier as a Research and Information Resource
- Information Storage and Retrieval
- Short Form Specifications and Check lists
- Preliminary Project Descriptions and Outline Specifications
- Contract Documents and Contractual Issues
- Selecting Building Materials
To find out more about course offerings email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the website of the Chapter nearest you.